DELTA FAIR 2021
Kennett Fairgrounds • Kennett, MO
Thursday, September 30 , 2021
$6,000 Prize Money and Trophies
Saturday, October 2, 2021
$9,000 Prize Money and Trophies
Mo-Ark Derby Rules
Any year model can be run. Passenger cars only. No imperials or imperial subs, trucks, ambulances, hearses, etc. If it doesn’t say you can do it in these rules … DON’T DO IT!
- All glass, chrome and pot metal must be removed from car.
- All body bushings must remain in car, except the two (2) front ones and four (4) rear. These can be replaced with ¾” all thread. Front 2 can go through hood. Spacing between core support and frame can be no larger than 3”, core support spacer can be no larger than 2” pipe and 3” long and must be free floating. 2 additional pieces of all thread may be used to hold the rear of the hood down, these cannot go through frame. A piece of 3”X3”X 3” angle may be welded in center of hood and fender with one bolt through it.
- 4 pieces of ¾” all thread can be used to replace the rear 4 body bushings, washers must be inside of frame. These 4 can come through the trunk.
- The body may be trimmed anywhere for clearance.
- Hood must open for inspection. Hood must be with the car at time of inspection. 6 – bolts (5/16”) maybe used in the hood to hold the inner skin and outer hood skin together.
- All 4 doors can be welded using no wider than 4” strapping, outside only. Driver’s door can be plated.
- No other material than specified may be added.
- Body, trunk and fenders may be pre-bent. Do not pre-bend the body creating a body line.
- Trunk seams can be welded using 4” strapping, but must have a 12 inch hole for inspection.
- Must start with OEM bumper, it can only be loaded internally. NO aftermarket bumpers allowed.
- You may hard noise the car. A piece of flat metal may be used between bumper and frame, this can be no larger than 4”x4”x¼” flat metal. If it has shocks you can push them in and weld them.
- Gas tank must be removed and a boat tank can be used and securely mounted to floor.
- Tank must be mounted in center or to the left side of car and covered. If fuel cells are used, fuel cell and protector must be 4 inches from package tray. If mounted to seat bar the fuel cell must be 4” off floor. Fuel tank protectors material NO larger than 2”x 2”. The protector can be NO wider than 24”. A gusset may be used but it can be NO larger than 2”x 2”x 6” long.
- 2 automotive batteries may be used.
- Rusted floors may be patched under gas tank, battery, or driver’s feet with thin sheet metal big enough to cover rusted area.
- Four (4) point cage must be installed car.
- Cage must be at least 4” off floor at the seatbelt mount beside door and cannot have any kickers to the floor or frame.
- Door bars can be made out of max 8” material. Dash and Seat can be made out of max 6” material.
- Dash bar must be at least 6” from firewall and 6” from transmission tunnel.
- Roll over bar must be connected to the cage and be vertical to the seat bar (max 6” material).
- Cage cannot go any further than 6” past the outside door seam on front door.
- Aftermarket shifters will be allowed but must be mounted to the floor or dash bar or simply use a rod for shifter.
- Aftermarket gas pedals, brake pedals, and steering columns will be allowed.
- 5/16” chain, #9 wire or piece of flat steel must be installed from roof of car to the cowl not the dash bar.
- No chains, straps, etc allowed from cage to floor pans.
- Engines may be swapped, but must be in stock location. Back of block must be at least 2” from firewall.
- Motor mounts maybe welded in. After market motor mounts allowed but cannot strengthen car. 03 and up Fords, motor mounts must have a 8” gap between them and cannot attach to one another.
- No aftermarket parts on engine such as pulley protectors, halos, distributor protectors, etc. Must remain stock appearing. Intakes may be changed. Oil pan protector allowed but can only protect the pan.
- Any Driveshaft can be used. Slider shafts allowed.
- Stock transmission only. No mid plates, transmission protectors of any kind. Adapter plates may be used but cannot hit firewall at anytime during derby. Transmission pan protector allowed but can only protect the pan.
- Cross member can be made of angle or square tubing. No larger than 2” material.
- Cross member can be welded or bolted to a piece of 2” angle no larger than 3” long. This 3” piece may be welded to the frame.
- Suspension must be made up of stock components.
- Front springs can be kicked. Spring spacers allowed. Rear springs may be changed with any OEM spring or doubled. Homemade spring spacers will be allowed. No changing steering parts. Everything must remain stock. 1- bolt (5/8”) may be used in top a-arm to hold it down, 5/16” chain may be ran from this 5/8” bolt to top ball joint.
- Transmission coolers will be allowed, but must be secured to the floorboard or seat bar.
- Radiator must be in stock location. Radiator can be held in with ratchet straps, bungee cords, or two small pieces of all thread. 1 – AC condenser only in front of radiator.
- Electric fans will be allowed.
- Rear end gears may be swapped and welded up.
- No aftermarket housings, axles, or braces of any kind. Stock rear ends only. Bolt on pinion brakes are allowed, no protectors of any kind on the pinion brake.
- Trailing arms may be altered but no reinforcement allowed of any kind. Brackets may be welded to rearend to match car, the brackets cannot strengthen the rearend in any way. ¾ ton rearends are not allowed.
- If we have to pull axles at the end of the night to determine axle size WE WILL.
- No bead locks inside or outside. 6” weld in. Wheel centers and valve stem protectors will be allowed. Any tire.
- 5/16” chain or #9 wire may be used top and bottom to hold springs.
- Watts link cars allowed. Aftermarket kits may be used, but the mounting plates can be no larger 5”x8” plate per side. They have to be bolted in. Ford OEM trailing arms only, they can be modified to make them work, but no reinforcement allowed. NO Aftermarket or Dodge Durango trailing arms allowed.
- Frame must remain completely stock. Notching or dimpling the frame is allowed, but no shaping.
- No creasing of frame.
- No Painting or undercoating the frame.
- Sides of frame over rear humps may be beat in but no shaping of the frame.
- No welding on frame except for the rule below.
Any pre-run cars may use 4 pieces of 4″x4″ plate to patch frame.
Top 3 cars are subject to inspection with or without Protest. All final decisions will be made by Delta Fair Board.
Contact Dennis Pickard (573) 717-0338 or Chris Foulks (870) 623-8601 with questions regarding the rules.
Entry fee is $25 per car! This admits car and driver. Because of limited space, only one (1) truck with one (1) trailer will be allowed in the pit area.
ANY YEAR CAR CAN BE RUN … PIT PASSES $10